now and in the hour of our death.

Thursday, December 11 at 3:53 PM
Noli Me Tangere

Sorry, Kim...
Couldn't help myself. It's not Spanish naman eh. Hehehe!

So here's another review...
A review on the book that started a revolution. A review on the book that changed a nation. A review on the book that third year students dread. Hehehe!

Spoiler alert!

I have to say.
It was friggin' long and friggin' boring. I'm sorry. Hahahaha!

No, seriously... it was. I mean. Ugh.
I just can't explain it. But it is.

But what I will tell you is that...
It was friggin' beautiful. It was friggin' amazing. It was friggin' moving.

Yes, the book will annoy you to hell... and maybe make you fall asleep.
But after finishing it, you realize... it was just beautiful. Beautiful.
'Coz it's only then when you start to connect things. It's only then when you start to realize. It's only then when you start to feel the message.

It was an amazing book. It truly is.
And it was written by out national hero. Isn't that something?

My favorite chapter would have to be
Chapter 25: Elias at Salome

It's just so tragic. So romantic. So sad. So emo.

And I guess that's what Rizal's really good at. Making you feel emo.
I guess that's what moved me the most. The sad stories happening behind the scenes that you only realize once the effects have taken place.

The story only starts to build up GREATLY during the revolt.
That's around Chapter 54.

It was really climactic. Then really emo.
Really beautiful.

Other favorites would have to be the story of Sisa and her family.

The bitch fight between Donya Consolacion and Donya Victorina was comic relief as well. Hahahaha!

It makes me wanna cry. o.O
Lol. Hahaha.
Naaawa ako sobra! hahahaha.

Overall, lemme say it again. It's emo and it's beautiful! :D
I love it. Hahaha.



In other news, I have something to do over Christmas break.
Write the book, music and lyrics of... Hehehe. *wink*

0 reps.: