doncha know the sky is blue

Wednesday, December 10 at 3:15 PM
The Secret Life of Bees and Random Stuff

Good news: I'm slowly getting rid of my insomnia.
Bad news: I now I have--what I shall now on call--sleep crave.
Hahahaha. That's fine... I guess.

What's sleep crave?
It's the want for more sleep caused by sleeping earlier than the time your screwed-up body clock is designed to let you. Am I making sense? See the other blog.

Anyhow, I watched a new movie. I just couldn't wait to blog about it even if I have some homework to do. I feel inspired. Hehehe.

The Secret Life of Bees


The movie stars a teenage Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, Sophia Okonedo and (probably my favorite singer,) Alicia Keys. It's based on the critically-acclaimed bestseller by Sue Monk Kidd.

Honestly, the movie struck hard. Really heartwarming. Really beautiful, and I'm hoping for an Oscar nod on this one... at least for adapted screenplay. Hehehe. It's the first buzz-worthy movie I've seen--well, excluding The Dark Knight.

The story follows Lily (Fanning) and her blossoming into a woman. It mostly touches on sadness, loneliness and inequality, and how these form a person into a whole person filled with love.

Together with her best friend-housekeeper (Hudson), Lily escapes from her scarred father and find herselfs in a house of beekeeping sisters (Latifah, Okonedo and Keys). There, she learns about her past, her future and herself. Basically, it's a coming-of-age story... a beautiful and graceful one.

It was a fantastic movie. (if only sleep craze didn't make me fall asleep) I'd like to keep it up there with my favorites, but it's just lacking an extra kick. I'll rank it on the same level as The Dark Knight then. :D

Dakota Fanning shows real growth. She's not anymore that litte girl in War of the Worlds. I'm beginning to like her again. (Her films--like Charlotte's Web--made me cringe) She seems much more mature. She did fantastic. I can't wait for Winged Creatures.

Alicia Keys was amazing. This is her first "real" movie, and she did wonderful. Queen Latifah and Jennifer Hudson did great, but somehow their roles make me feel they're typecast. Sophia Okonedo, who I've only heard of now, was really amazing! I loved her cheracter. Quite eccentric and complex, but very loving and beautiful.

I guess that's the word for this film. Beautiful. :D

PS. Someone please find me the soundtrack. Hehe.

"The day my mother died, you said she was only coming back for her things. Is that true?"
"No. No, she was coming for you."
"Why did you lie?"
"'Coz she didn't come for me."



I need to refill my Parker pen. :D

Anyhow, I thought it was something special.
Damn... it wasn't. Napangiti pa naman ako. Sigh.

In other news, I got my 3K worth of painting. It looks great!
I'm really excited to give it na. :D

0 reps.: