fall out and cool off

Sunday, November 2 at 10:49 PM
Movies part II

Here we go.
I have a couple more. And by that, I mean eight more movies to go.

I hope I get to finish them na.
Hehe. I have only horror movies left to watch. Yikes.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
This was definitely a briliant movie. But it left me somewhat bittersweet. I dunno why.

Kate Winslet was awesome in this one. I loved how she was so unpredictable and crazy. Quirky and all that. It's great she was nominated for an Oscar on this one. Haha. Jim Carrey was great as well... nakakaawa siya. Hahaha. And so was everyone else. Kirsten Dunst. Mark Ruffalo. Tom Wilkinson. Elijah Wood. Elijah Wood was really.... woah... ibang-iba. Galing.

I dunno what else to talk about. Haha. basta this one was a beautiful movie. Next....

Finding Neverland
This is another really good film. It was really heartwarming; gives you a big smile right after watching it. (Indication I really, really liked the movie.) I wish it won the Oscar.

The film is about a man and how he came to write the classic tale of Peter Pan, basing it on a couple of children who themselves are starting to grow up. It's semi-biographical. Lem'me just say... the story really was wonderful. I loved it a lot.

Johnny Depp plays the protagonist, the playwright, Mr. Barrie. He really gave life to the character. Very eccentric, but different in the way he makes Jack Sparrow, Sweeney Todd or Willy Wonka eccentric. (He's really perfect for these offbeat kind of roles. Yet you can't specifically typecast him since they all vary.) A bit more civilized and English though. Scratch that... Scottish. (how I want that accent)

Anyhow. He meets a couple of children in the park. The Davies brothers. They have a single mother played by Kate Winslet. She was perfect for the role. I've watched three of her movies already, and among them, I most definitely loved her most in this one. It's too bad she wasn't nominated an Oscar for this one. (Although she did get a nomination that year for her role in the movie above.) She was endearing and really motherly. And lovely.

So yes. They've lost their father. Most affected by the tragic loss is little Peter Davies. He's played by Freddie Highmore (Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... and a couple of other famous kiddie movies) Again, he was amazing. It showed so much innocence yet very mature. Very fantastic.

So there we go. The storyline was very beautiful. And it flowed smoothly. There was really good chemistry in the cast. And at the end of it all... you just get this beautiful feeling. What a movie.

The Good Girl
I'm guessing this is Jennifer Aniston's only decent movie. Not that I have much to base it on. Hahaha. But she was great. She did it really well. And her Texan accent was natural. I didn't think she had it in her. LOL. She totally leaves Rachel behind in this one. (Though I'm not leaving Rachel... It's a good thing Star World is restarting Friends from the first season. :D)

Basically, the story's quite cliche. A girl married to a man. Gets bored with marriage. Finds "soulmate." But what I like most about it is (a hit or miss factor): the soulmate is emo. (It's a hit for me since I'm all for offbeat characters.) It adds the quirk factor. It makes all the difference. (It'll be a miss for the anti-emo. But who is?) By the way his case of emo isn't as severe as today's depticion of emo-ness. (wtf am i talking about?)

Soulmate is played by Jake Gyllenhaal. He does the role great justice. I just wish he was suicidal by knife. Lol. Bum husband is played by John C. Reilly. Great... as always. Additional acting cast is completed by Zooey Deschanel. I did not recognize her! But she does well as a goth.

I basically liked it a lot. The story flowed smoothly for the most part and most holes were filled if there were. The comedy was put in well and so was the drama. (I'm a sucker for this genre.)

I dunno it it was just my copy, but everything seemed to lack color. If it was intetntional by the film makers, it must've been symbolic of the lack of life the Jennifer Aniston's character. But seriously, I'd rather they shot it in more color. It looked really dull.

I loved this film. :D


Ok. it's four in the morning. I'm leaving na... when kaya will i finish this? o.O

0 reps.: