elephants, bears and dolphins

Sunday, January 25 at 6:04 PM

The Giver and the Past Few Days

Did I mention I've given up on appealing?
Goodbye, honor roll.

Anyhow, let's start with Friday afternoon.

Mentoring period, I skipped playing some really hard trivia game to go through my lines.
Somehow, I ended up helping the bulletin board peeps. Might I say, it looks better than last year's at least. I wan'na do it next year!

Dismissal time, I went to Ash Creek and almost died.
Somehow, I keep having some deadly experiences during the shows. Take for example, falling off the stage during Choc War.
This time, an armored car backed up on me out of nowhere. And all the cars went beep. And I ran away quickly. LOL.

Anyhow, I bought some coffee from Mercury.
What for? To make me hyper. :))

They didn't have any safety pins. The school bookstore was closed.
So I had to go all the way to sangkalayuan just to find some damn perdibles. Pft.
(and no, sangkalayuan is not the name of the place
)

I arrived back at the dressing room all sweaty.
Did a bit of practicing. Then I started to get ready for the show.
Wow. That was sorta stressful.

Anyhow. From that moment on, I started talking and walking in character.
I dunno if it was the coffee, but I was weird. :))
We did a last-minute run. Then we were set... sorta. (Thinking about it makes me nervous.)

So we went on.
I sang Lupang Hinirang real loud. (Why am I so accustomed to calling it Bayang Magiliw?)

And it went on.
And it went well enough.
Although we did have some problems. :|
I rate it a 7 over 10. :|

Saddest thing though. I LOST MY CAM! :((
Someone, if you see it, return it.
Grr talaga. I'll be so dead.

Anyhow. Strange moment.
While I was walking back to the MPH. Some random guy asked for a picture. :))
Who am I to back out of a picture? =))

Company call after everything.
I arrived home past 10:30.
Thanks, Allen. :D

Looking back at it, I think I performed well enough.
But I fucking definitely knew I could've done WAY better.
As I was going down the stage talaga after the ending, I was thinking, "sigh. you could've done better. parang mas magaling ka pa sa practice kanina. you really could've done better. well. it was ok na rin. but... bukas!" Hahaha. La lang.

Day 2. Supposedly, it would be busy.
But the tailor cancelled, so there was some idle time between tutor and lunch.

Went to Eastwood for Tiff's birthday lunch. HABERDAY, TIFF!
It was really fun... especially nung... :>
Anyhow, I rode with Tobias and Stacey going back to Xavier.

Looked around for my cam to no avail. :(
Talked with some people. :D
Practiced a bit.

Got ready. Shucks. I was panicking. Panicking all over the place.
I think it was the coffee. Two cans. Yikes.

Anyhow, showtime.
During the first act, I went offstage disappointed for some reason.
Second act. God. That was much better.

We did MUCH, MUCH better!
If Friday was a 7 over ten, then Saturday was 8.75.
(It'd be a 9.25 but I made too much ad libs.)

Also, I tripped over one of the props. :|
Buti na lang magaling mag-save si Phantom at hindi masyado malaki ang impact.
That's not my first accident with it. Magkaaway talaga kami. :))

Might I add, I was coughing during the show.
Buti na lang, I sorta "hid" it... or incorporated it. :D

And that's my experience the last few days.
In other news...

TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE!
Manood na on Jan 28 and 30!

0 reps.: