magpakailanman

Sunday, November 25 at 10:53 PM
Religion
la lang...*s: 11.25: 11.09
BEWARE! Contagious: Panis Angelicus...
29 days till Christmas!

Had I the time, I'd write something more explanative. But since I don't, here's a short anecdote.

Friday's CLE class was very interesting. Our topic was that of the reason of Jesus's passion and death... or something of the same kind.

Well. It was as though we had debate class. Question. Answer. Questions. Answers. More Questions. More Answers. Questions. And I guess, that's why his passion and death was such a mystery to us all. We will never really know now would we.

In a sense, it was quite perplexing to the mind. (For some, it was too hard, that it put their brains on shut down. Hihihi!) Anyhow, I was totally amazed. I couldn't believe it. It was just soooo mysterious that it maks you really curious, but you know you will never know the answer... that is until your enlightened by God.

Somehow, it has strengthened my faith. It made me proud of being a Christian. And you know what, I really agree with Mr. Marana. Hahaha! It's truly one of those mysteries--though questioned by non-Christians--that make you true to Christianity. You know?

Other than that, he was talking about one of his non-Christian friends who entered a church and found it so morbid... stained glass depictions of a crowning with thorns, driving of nails and other such cruel stuff. And most of all was the man crucified. I was laughing to myself. I never really thought that we could be so morbid.... so emo until someone else could point it out. Haha. But then, you really see your faith in such a way.

Anyhow, I was able to relate Christianity with Buddhism. THE WORLD IS FILLED WITH SUFFERING. It truly is... take the passion and death. SUFFERING IS CAUSED BY DESIRE. Isn't it really? Didn't Pontius Pilate desire to not have a riot and to appease Rome? Didn't the Annas and Caiaphas want to be the better ones? SUFFERING CAN END. And that's what Jesus did for us. He saved us. TO END IT, WE MUST FOLLOW THE 8 FOLD PATH. Not necessarily those paths, but if we follow Jesus (which is everything right) then we would be with him in the Kingdom of God... where there is no suffering.

Wow. How deep this was. Such enlightenment. I love this lesson. Haha!

best viewed on http://dewerants.blogspot.com

0 reps.: