bringing down the house

Monday, June 2 at 8:48 PM
Movies! Movies!

Alright. The past few days, I've watched a couple of movies. I'd rather type it here since I do not like using the reviews feature of Multiply. Why? Simply because I don't want to separate my reaction to a certain movie with the blog on that day.

Anyhow. This one will be filled with reviews. And maybe some experiences while watching it. LOL. 

BTW. I'll keep them short and simple. LOL.

Here we go: :D

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. 
Okay. Wow. What a title. HABA! Lol.
I watched this one in the Shang Cinema the weekend after its premiere date.

Anyhow, I liked this one. Didn't love it. I guess it wasn't what I was expecting.
In contrast with Speed Racer: I didn't think I would like the movie based on the first posters I saw on Ms.M's blog, but I suddenly loved it after watching. With this movie, I thought I'd love it but didn't anyway.
Nevertheless, I did enjoy it. :D


Over Her Dead Body.
Okay. This one I watched almost 5 times. However, just on a DVD player. DBD-DBD! Lol.

THe story behind this one: I first encountered this one when CJ invited me to watch it being the Eva Longoria fan he is. *rollseyes* I declines. A few weeks ago, i was just surprised to see it on the new DVDs box. LOL.

So why almost 5 times? Because Trisha fell asleep three times. Every midnight/afternoon, she'd say she wants to watch it. However, before the title card even finishes, she's asleep. Sigh. So I finished the movie on the first time. Th next two times, I just stopped it.
Finally, on the 4th time, she finishes the movie with me putting some attention into it.
She was planning to watch it again with Karen last night. It's a good thing it stopped. (Yey, DBD-DBD!)

So yeah. It had its moments of laughter. Most of them really lose their character which got quite annoying. I loved Jason Biggs and Eva Longoria because they really put the comedy into it. (most memorable line: GOOOuOOOD MuORNIiING!)

Naawa ako sa character ni Jason Biggs. Biglang hindi na sila nagkatuluyan. Sigh.
And parang sad pa rin si Eva Longoria nung umakyat na siya. (Natawa ako sa twist.)

Overall, I'd say I'm glad I didn't waste my money on it for the big screen.
And I HATE TRISHA FOR LIKING THIS OVER JUNO. Humph.


Bring It On: All or Nothing.
This one, I watched on HBO. Although I have watched this before, this time, I paid attention. LOL. Trisha wanted to watch it, and with the laptop nowhere to be found, what else was I to do?

Well. It's cheesy. LOL. But I liked the laughs. (sha boo yah! lol.)
Just really, really, really, really not my cup of tea. Too much of a chick flick. (but even if i was a chick, i think i still wouldn't like it. yeah, that bad.)

In other news, how many cheerleader roles has Hayden Panetierre taken up? I know she has a new cheerleader movie.


Red Eye.
Right after Bring It On, HBO put this on. LOL. Two movies in one night. (Trisha complained when I wanted to watch this movie since we'd be missing the start of Ellen and she's watched this a million times.) Why'd I wanna watch this? Because when I saw its trailer in a cinema before, I told myself I needed to watch this.

First, I have to say Cillian Murphy (also in 28 Days Later) was perfect for the role. Although his eyes weren't red, he did have scary eyes. I mean, seriously, he has really scary blue eyes. Lol. Well, other than that, he acted great for the role here. Ang galing niya sobra! LOL.

The very beginning was annoying. Why start the movie with that scene with the angry couple and the nervous attendant. And more annoyingly is why did they end the movie with still them in focus. It just ruins the aura.

The movie started great. Just what I expected. Really, really cool. Really, really believable on the part of CIllian Murphy. Things start to go wrong though when Murphy introduces himself as the villain. Why? Because airplane girl overacts. It's really annoying. Not overact as in how she acts but overacts as in what the hell was the scriptwriter thinking by giver her that reaction?

However with that aside, the whole airplane scene was really good. I mean really. Things just started to go awry when she stepped out of the airplane. The plot just got all messed up. And you're going... WHAT? It goes even much stranger in the house scene. Ack. It just ends badly.

But you know what... with that in mind, you have to say, "How other way can it go?" I mean, how can you have a happy ending if it didn't go on that way? So I guess it was well... okay.

Gotta give more props to Cillian Murphy though! LOL.
Wow. After research, I found out: airplane girl = regina george. LOL!


21.
Wow. This movie title. It caused much confusion. "You wanna watch a movie: 21?" "What? 23 na eh!" "No, 21." "June 21?" "No... that's this title." LOL.

I watch this in TriNoma. My first time in there. Really nice movie house. It was huge. But... I didn't like it that much. During the trailers, the screen had a lot of lines so I worried the movie would be distorted... which it wasn't anyway, but why cause the anxiety. The seats were recline-able... but I wanted to sit straight and couldn't. Lastly, I was on the wrong row and it was free seating that night. Damn.
Add to that, no single shop sold M'n'Ms. Not even the candy store. Sigh.

Anyhow. Before I tell you more about the movie, I'll give you the reason I couldn't enjoy it that much (just highlight it. but don't if you think you'll get grossed out.): I needed to pee so badly. I drank two bottles of water (which I don't normally do when watching a movie) and I couldn't help my bladders. Sigh. But I didn't pee anyway because the movie was so good I didn't wanna miss a thing. ARGH! It got so bad that when the movie was over and we were walking out na, I could barely move. As in, I had to take small steps that didn't involve moving too much muscles or else PAIN! Grabe. And that was the longest time I can ever remember standing in front of a urinal. Yeah, that bad.
Phew.

This movie stars Oscar winner Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth (Superman Returns), Liza Lapira (a rising Filipina star) and Jim Sturgess. He's from Across the Universe. Hahaha. He actually had a voice coach to help him get an American accent.

So here I go: I loved it. Woohoo. I really did. Amazing! Nuff said.

Alright. That's all of them. Next week, Narnia. The week after, The Happening. I love the US Summertime movies. Yeah!

Anyhow, in total contrast to its purpose, I shall use the review section to show the movies i wanna watch. LOL. Hehehehe. Anyhow, that's it for now. I gotta sleep early for boxing. Well, if 2:30 is early. Sigh. Early morning nga. LOL.

0 reps.: