do trees hear love?

Sunday, June 15 at 7:50 PM

The Happening

Instead of watching Kung Fu Panda and The Hulk as most people would have done, I watched The Happening. I've been anticipating on this since I first saw the trailer because I've always been attracted by these end of the world films. lol.

What I can say is wow. Wow. Wow.

I dunno what kind of genre it's classified under. It's not horror... nothing to give you nightmares. It's not really suspense because it's not suspenseful... it's frightening. So maybe it's under apocalyptic-thriller whatever? (who cares anyway?)

Before I begin on my actual thoughts, let me tell you why I regretted watching the film: none of the people whom I watched it enjoyed it... I think. The worst victim was Trisha: she was crying on the car ride home, she fears Mrs. Jones will come in and break the window, she fears construction workers will fall from the house under construction beside her bedroom window, she's afraid to go jogging since it's windy in Ayala. Gahd.

In other words, I loved it. LOL!

It's a really, really great movie. I don't find it scary or haunting. It's not even that gross... well maybe it is but not as disgusting as your typical gore movies.

It's very realistic. It's very... I can't find the right words at the moment.

And you know what. It could be true. That's why we must take care of the environment. Malay mo, bukas aatakihin ka na ng mga...

Great movie! But if you feel you're too sensitive, don't enter the cinema.

0 reps.: