no. what's that?!

Wednesday, June 4 at 6:05 PM
Doctors and Magazines

Okay. I just went to the derma today. Guess what the derma doctor said!

"Congratulations! You have really good skin!"

Reminds me of my trip to the dentist a few weeks ago:

"Ang ganda-ganda ng ngipin ng batang toh! Ang galing mag-tutbras! Walang problema. Ang galing mag-alaga!"

I love these doctors. Lol.

...

While in the derma, I read this car magazine. Quite famous it is. C!

Unfortunately, I'm not fond of most magazines. Fashion bores me. Cars bore me.
So I end up reading the car magazine.

However, I liked what I read. Two articles from their August 07 edition.

The first was by Angelo B Puyat. It was about how village guards would instantly let in an SUV while they go through the long ID process for AUVs. Unfair? Yes.

The other was by James Deakin. Meanwhile, this one was about how the traffic enforcers, police and MMDA crew work their shit. They keep trying to "enforce" discipline into people but it never really happens. For example, helping a counter-flowing car cut in line. Or how they punish a bus driver who almost runs over an MMDA officer by taking his license and giving it back the next day.

I didn't expect two serious stuff from a car magazine. But they're both really good. And I enjoyed my read.

These are the kinds of stuff that we should be reading.

Anyhow. This was so much better than another article I read from another magazine.

So yes, it was in another doctor's office... specifically, Alex's pedia.

The article was from SMILE, the in-flight magazine of Cebu Pacific.

....

Okay, I just did my research. The article I'm referring to is this: http://www.cebusmile.com/2007/12/01/up-front-and-personal-4/ 
(Only the first article: How to Behave in Filipino Barriotic Celebrations.)

It's written by Tim Tayag. He, apparently, is a matapobre stand-up comedian who doesn't mind offending others.

...

I feel that it really was offensive. Really. Stereotypically and racially.
Before any foreigner (or maybe even a Manila socialite?) would end up in the province, they'd read this on their plane. What would go through their minds?

Comedy? I don't think so. We're not barbarians, you know!

It really just annoyed the hell out of me.

What do you think?

0 reps.: