i could wait all night and day to go to a party sit down and wait

Thursday, August 28 at 2:14 PM

Dulaang Panradyo and Report Card

Okay. I am very satisified. WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!
Where was I? Oh yeah.

Before I go introduce the results, lem'me start with the worrying. :|

Okay. Dulaang Panradyo.
We never, ever had one real and straight practice. Not a single damn practice. Our prod was seemingly hopeless. The script was still empty. And most of all, I kept screwing up (which would usually end with me exclaiming p--)

Just when I was writing the script... I'm like. Damn. It's soo.... empty. o.O But I take pride that I successfully wrote out the narrator. (Don't you just hate them?) Lol.

In the most unfortunate twist of events, Direk Julian came down with a fever the night before. Gahd. How crazy was that? So it was just all nuts the night before.

On our final practices. I still kept screwing up. We still kept stopping to point out what sounds effects came next. Ms Cuevas's comments were along the lines of "pwede na" and "uhh." Classmates' reviews weren't as favorable as well--or maybe it's just me.

So the moment came. We were preparing for the event during lunch. What I planned as a small practice in the AVR turned into a no-practice-at-all in the MPH. However, we did clarify some stuff. o.O

By the way, I played the DJ who introduced the judges and the scoring system. I kept making mistakes as though I were being warned. Anyhow, the moments that led on to the event seemed to pass by with me either worrying, criticizing or going nuts.

So there it was. I was shaking the whole way. I couldn't hold the script with only one hand... I shook too much that I couldn't read. I made a mistake somewhere in the start. Bulol. What most alarmed me was that I felt my accent--rather my voice--was really inconsistent. I kept hearing some weird sounds from the audience. I dunno if it was laughter, mockery or something. Or maybe it was just me.

I was happy with my non-main roles. I enjoyed doing Bunso. It was fun. And I'm glad I was able to say the dialogue between him and the main straight. I usually made mistakes. Wahaha. I love bunso.

Anyhow, the ending went all... bad. I missed a line which cause TJ to skip over. He uttered his last line too early which led to blank lines for me. The bottle of coke didn't break too. Damn.

Overall though, when it was done, I felt relieved. I guess we made a "pwede na" performance. Nothing I would keep the radio on for myself... but it was good. I felt relieved. I think I gave an 'okay na' performance as well.

I missed most of the next section's play since I went out to get a drink. I dunno if it was jsut me because I missed most of it... but I thought it was awkward. What with the gangstah topic. I'm like... in the Philippines? Anyhow.

After them was awesome. Totally. I applaud them! Great job, baboy! Congratulations, Adrian: you totally stepped up from the practice the night before. Baboy, babaeng-babae ka talaga!

Anyhow, after some awkward intermission numbers, time came. I felt nervous... I dunno why.

So there... it was overwhelming to win Best Cast. I didn't expect much, but wow. Ang'galing ni'yo, TJ, Jan and Ezra. It's worth it being batch enemy. We upfront were quite overjoyed amidst the jeers of the crows. Haha! And third place too. Again... unexpected. Hahaha.

Wow.

Congrats to all the winners. You too, CJ. Grabe ka... I was looking at you when they said your name. Sobra-sobra ang tuwa mo. Hahaha. Congrats!

What quite made me laugh the day after. As in today. I was taking some stuff out of my locker when Mr. Gabriana passed by. Then he said something along the lines of, "You're a really good actor. You should join Stage FX." Natuwa ako sa first line... syempre sino ba naman ang hindi. Natawa naman ako sa second line. "I already am."

And then, another comment from a batch mate while in Ash Creek. :D

What next? Right.

If you haven't read my previous blogs... I've been quite worried these past few days because of... well... my underwhelming scores. o.O Most of all for Social Science what with the line of eight QT and low quizzes.

Anyhow... the week passed by so fast I barely bugged about report card day. It only fully came on to me this morning. o.O Gahd.

Surprisingly and thankfully. I STILL HAVE HONORS! Yeah! Thank you, Lord. Thank you. You have no idea what it means to me to still be in the honor role. Lol. But wait... you do. :|

Filipino: 96 (grr qts. sayang to!)
English: 94
Mathematics: 93
Chinese: 92
Science: 91
Christian Life Education: 90
Social Science: 89

I got V's for everything including Advisory. (Hey! I sing naman everyday a! I also try my best to take an active part in the class, diba?) The only exceptions are Soc Sci conduct and Filipino effort, on which I got O's.

Anyhow, I have to commit myself more. All my grades are on the lower 90's. I even have one line of 8. I really need to work on those. I want to try for first honors again. Nothing lower than 91. Basically... two subjects. Hehe.

In other news. WELL DONE, LUIS! *pats self on the back* You survived... mostly. Good job!

(wow... that was long. and so english-y)

0 reps.: