why so serious?

Sunday, July 20 at 8:14 PM

The Dark Knight

Side note: I've downloaded 10 movies and put them on my iPod. Woot. Lol.

Hands down: Best Summer Flick EVAR! Ang galing. It's not your ordinary comic book superhero movie. It's way beyond that. Plus, the title's the clue. It's a dark movie.

So yeah, I watched this one with my dad, Pats, Ate Kaye and Kuya at Shang.

I've gotta say: GRABE! In all my years of watching movies at Shang this is the first time I've ever joined a LOOOOOOOONG line. The only other movies I know that had a line are those free ones during the French and Japanese festivals. Amazing. I usually watch first weekend and this is the only one with the line.

And my we were lucky. There were no more seats for the 9:30 show. The 10:00 show only had seats at the front side and some holes at the back. The only one left was the 10:30 show where the seats weren't as good either. We were separated into two groups at the very side.

Side note: I bought the Giver (again) and I reserved Swiftly Tilting. :D

Anyhow, there was even a line going into the theater. Wow.

So I have to admit. For most of the first half I was dazed about the movie. And they hyped up anticipation for it went like... Wah? But that's mostly because of the headache I've been having since I entered Shangri-la. Blame it on my glasses.

The cool part was when everything was starting to turn around. And I was like... Oh yeah!

I've got'ta say for a superhero film, the villains were the real stars. Harvey Dent and--OF COURSE:--the Joker were the interesting ones in this film.

Aaron Eckhart was real good. And he set himself aside as another villain in the film rather than a copycat. Morgan Freeman--who again has another god/big boss role--was cool too. And Christian Bale and Maggie Gylenhaal were cool too. (Maggie Gylenhaal reminds me of Kirsten Dunst. I dunno why.)

But AMAZING... the Joker. Heath Ledger. Wow. It's like goddamn. He's the best part of the movie. Crazy. Maniacal. Evil. Cunning. Smart. Deranged. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

It's so sad Heath Ledger died. How would the best friggin villain ever return for the third film and the fourth and the fifth and the...? I don't think anyone can beat that. (Not even Jack Nicholson--who is complaining he didn't get the role.)
What's more, how would he accept his Oscar? (he better win.)

Gahd. FANTASTIC movie. Woohoo. Made everything drop a spot. Wahaha.

0 reps.: