'coz she wakes up in the morning and she's oh so fine

Thursday, October 9 at 6:45 PM
Movies

You know what? I've always wanted to make a serious film review.
One day. Soon. Maybe one of the movie's I'm going to watch.

Anyhow. Here're my long-overdue opinons on the stuff I've watched. :D

THERE WILL BE BLOOD
Daniel Day Lewis was INTENSE. He played it really, really... wow. Paul Dano was amazing too... all battered and shit. I still don't get why he didn't run away. I mean, the man was walking damnit you could've escaped na. o.O Kawawa din iyong anak. :(
However, the plot hit me with with a great big... what? I dunno, it was only after a few days did I start analyzing... And then I went with... ohh, i get it.

FENG SHUI
This one is a cool movie... i guess. I find it in ways better than Sukob but in other ways not. I dunno. Nakakainis ang ending! Akala ko na e...

A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION
This one is a movie that made me... feel good. I dunno, there's something so nostalgic about it... like it made a connection. It felt so soft and stuff in ways I can't describe. It's a good film. Although the death was quite out of nowhere for me since the character wasn't established. The ending leaves me wonderin'.
Oh yeah... Meryl Streep was great! but when isn't she? (I wanna watch Doubt.)
And Lindsay Lohan was good too! But then I expected more from her voice. John C Reilly was great was the howdy-man. The other actors were solid din kahit di ko sila kilala. Hehe.

WEST SIDE STORY
When I watch musicals, a good indication that I liked it is that many of the songs or scenes would be stuck in my head. Sadly, this didn't do it. I dunno... it falls together with Phantom and Evita which I enjoyed to some point but not really. o.O I only downloaded a few songs. Hehehe.
And I hated the ending! I wish it stayed true to the Shakespeare story. It would've been more interesting.
But I have to admit... I really like Anita's (I dunno the actress) performance. No wonder she got an Oscar. And the leader of the Jets was really good too.

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST
I really liked this movie. Hahaha! Jack Nicholson was awesomely crazy. Louis Fletcher was a bitch! And the whole movie just seemed so great. I enjoyed it VERY, VERY much. Hahaha!
I found a connection most with Billy Bibbit. I dunno why. I guess we're the same in a lot of ways. And I liked his type of crazy. Hahaha. (the other types of crazy just annoyed me to death! nakakinis sobra)

MONSTER'S BALL
Okay. This movie was really good too. Hahaha. Sex, people? Hahaha. But beyond that... I really connected with ALL the characters. They were played really down to earth...really in character. So bravo to the whole cast. Diddy, Heath Ledger, Billy Bob Thornton, etc. Halle Berry deserves her Oscar! Haha.

EAGLE EYE
This movie made me think. Oh shit, can this be true? Hahaha. It was really well thought of. The sequences were great. I enjoyed. It was a fun watch.

1408
FREAKY FILM! I kept pausing my iPod. It freaked me out sooo much. It was a really good horror! Congrats. :D But no images are stuck in my mind 'coz it seems highly unlikely that I enter a haunted hotel room. Haha! (Unlike the hooded Zodiac killer... the image haunts me when I remember it.... 'coz there's a bigger possibility a serial killer is out to get me.)

JUNEBUG
I loved this film! Hahahaha! It was just soo... soo... light? (that's the same category as juno and little miss sunshine) Don't you love dramatic comedies? I loved it! Nuff said.
Oh yeah. Amy Adams was AWESOME! Hahaha. She was just so quirky. I wish she won the Oscar. Hahaha. And the song Harmour Love is addicting. :D

and finally...

MY BEST FRIEND'S GIRL
Total w00t! These are the types of comedies I enjoy watching. (Zohan was what the hell? where's the story? Heartbreak Kid was like... okiiiiiiii. And all those other comedies were slapstick as well) This one was really fun! The green jokes were really funny. This one had a story. Did I mention it was funny as hell? Dane Cook, Lizzy Caplan and Alec Baldwin were the bomb! Woohoo.
It's fun watching it in a theater with your friends. You really get to laugh out loud. And you feel the audience's enthusiasm too.


So there you go.
I'm gon'na pick a movie. Then I'll make a real review soon.
Then let's see if I have a shot at becoming a film critic. Haha! (I'm considering it actually. lol.)

0 reps.: