I hate blogs.

Saturday, July 18 at 5:41 PM
Fine. That's not true, or I wouldn't be making one at this very moment.

But IT IS TRUE--well, partly.

I hate reading/seeing blogs that look like essays, SWAs or whatever other assigned compo. It annoys me. I'm sorry if I'm offending you (which in context means the sea of you), but it's true.

I guess I partly blame the required blogging homework.
Everything feels so rigid. As if, we were all writing for the grade, which isn't what blogging is about. Blogging's about expressing yourself--through your movie review, your awkward moment of the day, your survey with so much side comments or your thoughts on a certain something.

They aren't structured. They aren't formal. They barely even require much reflecting and what-not.
Okay, I'm making a blog about my cat. Here goes. I love my cat. It makes me happy when I'm sad. Oh wait, no. I won't put that in. It's so cliche. But wait, I think that's something I can expound on so that I can impress people with my sweet side. Yes. I'll put it. But wait, no. I mean... Hmm... I'll get back to that later when I start editing for weird stuff. Ack! This is so hard. I don't like blogging. Anyhow. Must continue.

O_O COME ON.

Blogs are expressive and casual. As if you were just having a normal conversation or something. I just hate how most things come out as essays.
Blogs should just literally burst out of your head, into your fingers, onto the keyboard and onto your screen.

That's why I find the writing territories pointless.
Why? It sucks the spontaneity out of things. Where's the fire?


I HATE THAT STUPID HAIRCUT RULE!!!!!! It's so fucking stupid! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!
As shallow as that is, it will always be more interesting than reading about how my first-ever trip to America became a fun learning experience I will treasure for the rest of my life.
I've read blogs about lazy sundays or shopping with mothers and fathers. They're still more interesting... to think you went to America.

If there's one thing that annoys me to hell, it's plastic stuff.
I guess, I write too much of them for my own sake. Hmmm. I bet this is probably how English/Filipino teachers react to essays. Eeek.

Everyone doesn't have the skills to be a writer. If you want to say that.
BUT EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION. A THOUGHT. SOMETHING YOU JUST WANT TO SHARE AND EXPRESS. Type it down as it is. Why stress over it so much?

I hate YOU! You ruined my life! You think you've broken up with me? Well, I'm telling you this, I DON'T CARE. I NEVER CARED. I NEVER CARED TO BEGIN WITH. I HOPE YOU DIE! I HATE YOU!

Okay. Fine, that's a bad example of how to tell your ex how you feel.
But it's expressive. It's alive.

Actually, I have to admit even I feel a bit restrained--considering I blog most often compared to most of the people in class. I can't seem to take my mind off not typing down a few Tagalog words and some ellipses here and there.

But you know what? Screw that.
I'll type how I want to type. Even if it means I'll have to make gamit-gamit a conyo pattern like you know, using them sa sentences ko just because like it feels right like gamit-gamit? (Shoot. That made me laugh. And mind you, I don't type THAT bad.)

I don't want to sacrifice my style.
If there's one thing I don't want my blogs to lose, it's my INDIVIDUALITY.
And that's practically what's missing in most of these blogs. Individuality.

But who am I to judge?
Probably, that's really how your world goes. If so, I pity how boring it is.
Probably, you just have to get used to it. Who knows.

BUT BAHHHHH!



Once in a while, blogs create controversy. (I should know.)
But that makes it all the more fun, doesn't it?
I wonder if this one will. I'm practically ranting on a lot of... ... ....

la-di-la-di-la. How's your day? :D

PS.
Please do remind me about that school rule on censorship. I think it's the only writing territory I'd actually WANT to write about.

0 reps.: