fairness issue

Wednesday, May 14 at 6:19 PM
American Idol Rant.

I shouldn't be surprised to open my television set tomorrow and find that Syesha is out of the game. (But I sure will be sad my bet will be gone.)

I mean... her fan base isn't as solid as the Davids'.

However, I'm really disappointed she couldn't be given a gracious leave. It's quite annoying that they have to kick her out of the door instead of give her a kiss of death?

First song: If I Ain't Got You. What the hell was Randy thinking? The first time I found out that Randy chose this song, I was like, "Shit. This won't do her any good."

For one, it's an Alicia Keys signature song. They always pan her for all the signature songs she's done. (Whitney, Fantasia, etc.) Stupid choice of song. Second, just listening to it, you can't do much with it to make it hers. (Take One Rock 'n' Roll as an example. Have you heard/seen  the original performance? SOOOOO far from what she did.)

Guess what, I know what Randy's thinking. Let's give her a song that will ensure she's kicked out of the competition and give a David finale. 
Hello? We all know it's a  David-David finale. You don't have to give her a song that bad to ensure it. Any good song she'd done, the Davids would still do it.

I wish Simon chose the song. Damn.

Second song: Fever. I agree with Simon in that she should've chosen a more contemporary song to give the audience something to hang on to. But...

Were they watching they same thing I was watching? THAT WAS 'DA BOMB!
That was vocal perfection. And wow the last note! Her voice is very flexible...
Plus, she had the performance/choreography to match.

What the hell was wrong with them. (At least Randy made up for his lame song choice by commenting her well.)

Third song: Hit Me Up. First off, I'd like to comment on it before I rant about it. It was actually great. It's reminiscent of Beyonce--in my ears at least--and I liked it a lot. It was really good actually. Very contemporary. And of course, great vocals. However, it gets kinda draggy.

Now the rant. It isn't draggy because of her. It's draggy because the song is. The hell? WHY THE FU--ING HELL DID THE PRODUCERS PICK A SONG ON PENGUINS?

I know why. Because they're manipulating the audience into not voting her by choosing a song that's... ARGH! Don't you just hate the producers? Evil manipulators.

I'm hoping for a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal big shock finale and have Gaspy leave.
God, if you can't make world peace, please save Syesha.
Santa, I want that for Christmas. I've been a good boy, haven't I?

I really want her to get in just to smite the producers.

But, most of all, I really want her to win because she really deserves the title.

In other news.

David Archuleta:
And So It Goes: Beautiful!
With You: If I closed my eyes and didn't know it was David Archuleta, I'd love it.
Longer: WTF? Here's another victim of the producers.

David Cook:
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face: AMAZING! WOW!
Dare You To Move: Galing!
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing: If my wish isn't granted, (of course it won't be granted) this song definitely shows why I love David Cook.... It ranks with Always Be My Baby.

I would like to say VIOLINS are David Cook's best friends.
He has hits when he uses violins. Da bomb!

0 reps.: