Lessons Learned from a McDonald's Shop

Sunday, December 27 at 6:42 PM
I just finished (meaning paused) my HIMYM marathon to accompany my dad to get a meal at McDonald's. He ate more during the family get-together, so I dunno why he's starved.

Anyhow. We went to the one in the intersection between Meralco and Ortigas Ave. The ony in the Shell station. So he left to find a table while I ordered with an American accent. (Yeah. It's fun screwing around with people's heads... y'know, if you that counts as screwing with people's heads.)

So while I was waiting for my order (heaven only knows why only one person was at the counter), there was this taong grasa who came in and started putting together all the money that was collected. So I looked around for other people's reactions 'cause... well, I love looking at people's reactions. Basically, nil. No one really cared.

Well... except for these two ladies in one corner who had this look of disgust. Quite sad. So I finally got my fries after giving this other lady the look that said "WHERE THE HELL ARE MY FRIES, B----?" Kidding. I asked politely--with a half-irritated tone. I looked over at the two ladies again, but the other one went missing.

So I walked over to the table with food in hand. Sitting down proved pointless however since my dad wanted more ketchup. (Why the hell do they give only two at a time?) I walked back to the counter, and I saw an awww moment.

Apparently, I was wrong. It was a look of concern. Before leaving through the door, the two ladies gave the taong grasa woman two plastic bags of food. I didn't really notice, but the woman also had a baby on her shoulder and a three-year-old child with her.

Who knew? That was just pretty fucking sweet.
There are people out there. And in places unexpected, too.
So this blog is dedicated to you, two ladies! Drinks on the house! (Or not...)

Well. You got nice people and you got shit people.
Fast forward to eating my apple pie and sundae (Yum!). There was this family in the table behind me who made a rude comment. I don't remember exactly what about but it involved Intsik and laway. I wanted to turn around and squint my eyes. (Biaoxi! Or however you spell that. God. I'm in a Chinese school, and I don't even know how to curse.)

Yeah, Chinese bros, I hear ya! Peace out!


Other lessons learned?
I need to find me a midnight barkada. In one table there were these four dudes who were in pambahay lang. (God, don't you love my ever-improving conyo skills?) just, I dunno, hanging out. And I realized the following: (a) it's fun to just hang out with friends doing nothing, (b) I get bored a lot of midnights, (c) I need to find friend who live close by. So yeah, it'd be fun to have an out-of-the-blue call in the evening: "Dude, McDo tayo?" And then I go pick up Carla and call up Jake to call with. And we all head to Starbucks or McDonald's and stuff. No?

**Names are fictitious. Introduce me?
So maybe that isn't a lesson. But whatever...

And that's what I learned from a trip to McDonald's. :D

0 reps.: