Killing Me Softly with His Song, Telling My Whole Life with Hades Words

Monday, August 10 at 4:41 PM
[Okay. I have to do this fast just in case the internet gets cut off again. o.O]

So today was my speech day. Ack.
For the uninformed, fourth years must choose a Greek myth character and make a persuasive speech to make people worship him/her.

I chose Hades.

Gahd. That was nerve-wracking.
I've really outdone myself in terms of FX--no practice at all! Beat that, Tulo!
Boys and girls, do not follow me! It's deadly.

Here's the story.
My internet, as I found out late last night, is a piece of crap.
I was out all day in my cousin's house where wifi was crap. When I got home I had problems connecting, but I didn't think there was something wrong. At around past 11, I finally decided to call PLDT. No dial tone. Fark.

So I ended up going to the corner internet shop filled with kanto game freaks at around past 11 just to retrieve my essay from Multiply. o.O
(and to inform the world of my sad internet-less state.)

So late at night, I was working on my speech.
When I ended, it was too late for me to practice, so I just retired...

The speech. I already had an idea of what I wanted to do. Something like how I would've done Archie Costello if I had the role in Chocolate War. Subtle yet scary. Throw in some evil grins.
But but but. I had no practice whatsoever, which was why I was really scared. I hadn't even memorized it that well yet.

Onto today, I still had no real time to practice.
Instead, I just "prepared." I highlighted (Stabilo) my fingernails to make it look rotten, and I colored two of them with Sharpee. I also had red veins and blood on my hands care of Staedtler. Hehehe.

I was shaking when English class came.
I couldn't grade other s like I normally did 'cause I was too nervous. Haha. Also, I was preoccupied with making Post-It cheats. (What? My fourth product placement? Hahaha.)

I thought the bell would save me, but it didn't. I had to go on through lunch period. o.O

Anyhow, I took off my glasses (it's been a habit for me not to wear them when I act) and went on. Stupid. I couldn't read them. Fark useless eyesight.

I was forgetting lines. A lot of ad lib all the way. Wahaha.
And in my nervous state, I didn't really get to do it the way I wanted to. Not much evil grins, and I shouted more than I needed to. Needed practice.

Anyhow. It's done.
I was shaking. Aftershocks.

I good comments, so I guess I did well enough.
But I was short of breath and still in disbelief. I pulled it off.

Never again. o.O
PRACTICE! PRACTICE!

**woah. it's been a long time since I've blogged a narrative. hahaha.

0 reps.: