this is what heaven must feel like

Wednesday, April 29 at 7:53 PM

MOVIES and REFLECTIONS
I separated these two since they have a bit more impact on me.
They made me think about myself. Reflection. Sort of. Hehe.

However.... one isn't a movie. Hihihi. And it's not new either.

REVOLUTIONARY ROAD

This stars Titanic lovers Leonardo di Caprio and Kate Winslet (who won the Golden Globe for her role here). Also in the film is Michael Shannon who got an Oscar nomination for his role in this one. Directed by Sam Mendes, it's a brilliant film. Very well made.

Basically, I'm going to spoil you now.
Di Caprio and Winslet play husband and wife in a very suburban 50s town. Winslet plays the role of April, the wannabe-actress housewife. Di Caprio plays Frank a regular day-to-day boring office man. They live a very "perfect" life, perfect in the sense of being stable, mundane and all that. One day though they suddenly decide to move to Paris and see how life would go for them. Well, with all the things that come up, plans fail and marriages break. The movie basically shows the slow demise of what's deemed to be the happiest couple on Revolutionary Road.

Well. It made me think about my own future.
Do I want to live in that stable, boring life. Sure, I'll get lots of money, but would I be happy? Would I know what I'm supposed to be in the world? Would I feel like I've found where I'm supposed to be? Where I belong?

Or should I take the risk and move away to somewhere far? Take the risk and see what's in store for me there? Be in a place where I think I'll truly be happy even if it means I'll be struggling something difficult? And if I do, would I be able to handle all the pressure put on my by society's stereotypes? By my family's expectations?

I guess you're thinking. Woah. Deep.
Gotta love that movie. Four and a half stars over four.

(I guess you're also thinking, "what is Luis thinking of? What is he planning?")

SPRING AWAKENING

Yeah. I've already reviewed this. Twice actually, if you read my blog a lot.

Well. One night, I just had the urge to watch a musical. And as much as I didn't want to watch this again, I did. Why don't I want to watch it if it's my favorite? Because it makes me unbelievably emo. Hehehe.

Basically, I just love this show because I can relate to the characters and the story very much. It's really describing a lot of things right now in words I can't explain. I can practically relate to all of the characters in some twisted way, but mostly to the leads. I'm jsut really attached to it. Sometimes, the same thoughts would run into your head, and it's haunting yet it makes you feel you're not alone. I'm a teenager. o.O I'm going through (almost) the same things.

The music is just beautiful. (I'm singing it right now. I'm on Spring Awakening high again.) Metaphorical and poetic but it just seems to get through to the point. It brings in a wave of emotions. There are times I just break out into one of the songs, and it just reaches into my guts and gives me goosebumps.

It's quite sad though it's gone now. I haven't even gotten a chance to go to New York and see it live. Sigh.

(Sorry. Couldn't pick just one picture. Hehe.)

0 reps.: