you're going to lose.

Wednesday, April 22 at 4:55 PM

MOVIES.
Here's the amazingly loooong list of movies I have watched since... I don't remember.
Rather than make real reviews for each and every one of them. I'll just make comments. I'll put posters too if I recommend it.

STEP UP and TAKE THE LEAD

I've been wanting to watch Step Up since I heard of it. But I never really had the time to watch it on screen and the pirates don't seem to have it in their stores. Torrent was out of my mind that time... so I watched it on YouTube. Hehehe.
It's a fun movie. Nothing really amazing about the acting and story and stuff. But it's good. The dance moves were just friggin' amazing though.

Take the Lead is another dance movie. Starring Antonio Banderas. Ummm. It's okay too I guess. This one is hip-hop-infused ballroom dancing. Kinda cool.

Each two and half stars. :D

DOUBT

One of the best movies I've seen. It's just friggin' amazing. Every line is well attacked. Don't you just love the cast. It's a shame none of them won the Oscar. I was rooting for Meryl Streep and Viola Davis (she may have had a short scene, but she was electrifying.) Why didn't Kate win in Titanic and get it over with so that Meryl could be justly awarded for this one. Hehehe. I joke.

On a side note, the scenes were so intense, my TV exploded.
Seriously. Something was wrong with my TV... there were sparks. We had to send it to the shop. It's a good thing the movie was finished before the TV didn't want to work anymore. Hehe.

Four stars.

REPO! The GENETIC OPERA

Eeek. I can't believe I actually anticipated this movie. It was friggin' disgusting.
Well... I'd like to say... Paris Hilton wasn't as bad an actress for the first hald of the movie. She actually did well in the role.. (before she had her surgery done or something)

I didn't even finish this movie. One star.

ANG TANGING INA

I liked the second one better. Two and a half stars.

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

I was watching this during hell week that I didn't fully appreciate it. It wasn't like THE BEST for me. I don't really see it the way other people do. Anyhow, it's still an awesome movie nonetheless. Four stars.

VALKYRIE

I didn't really... I don't know really...
It' been quite some time since I watched it... and it didn't make enough of an impact on me to remember what to talk about in this one.

GRAN TORINO

I take back what I said. I watched Juno again. Juno is still my favorite. Hehehe.
But this movie is just amazing. I can't believe they Clint Eastwood was snubbed. Bah. Four stars.

DEKADA '70

This is probably one of the finest films in our country.
Vilma Santos is an overrated actress.... I should know, I've practically watched all of her Star Cinema films. She does things too exaggerated. But for this film, you can overlook it I guess because she isn't the star of this one: it's the script. The book it's based from is just so briliant that it can't not be a good film.
Anyway, I had a problem with the climax. I wish it stuck faithfully to the book. But whatever.

The movie just ends making you feel good and proud. Four out of four stars.

BURN AFTER READING

It's brilliantly written. But it just ends up in WTF. A big one.

Two and a half stars.

ROCKET SCIENCE

I friggin' love this movie. It gives you this bittersweet feeling in the end.
Anna Kendrick is just amazing. (She's in Twilight and in Camp too.)

Five out of four stars.

WATCHMEN

It's a very good movie. But it's so artsy that it becomes a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing.
For me though, it's not the type I'd like to watch again.

Four stars.

RACHEL GETTING MARRIED

I dunno about you. I just loved this movie. I related with Anne Hathaway's character. If I wasn't rooting for Meryl Steep, I'd give the Oscar to her... not to Kate.

Five stars out of four.

I NOT STUPID TOO

I've watched it before. This time though, there aren't any subtitles. Gahd. :|
Anyhow, I've always been attached to this one. It's a great film. I only wish it wasn't so cheesy with all their slapstick comedy. It's be great for a dramatic remake. Hehehe.

Four stars.

A GUIDE TO RECOGNIZING YOUR SAINTS

Ummm. It's okay I guess. Nothing like really stunning. Two and a half stars.

MY BEST FRIEND'S GIRL

Amazingly funny. I watched it with friends in Prome. I just loved it. I kept laughing and laughing.

Three and a half stars.

THE HOUSE BUNNY

Also hilarious. Ana Faris is always amazing. Three stars.

THE BOY in the STRIPED PYJAMAS

You wish it didn't end that way. But the way it ended just gives the film more impact, which is a lot. It's a beautiful film.

Four stars.

THE READER

It's a very good film. But it just isn't my type. I wonder why it's even nominated for the Oscar. The spot could've been given to The Dark Knight, Doubt or Wall-E. It's not as good as it seems to be. The only part I really liked was the ending. Most of it was just boring.

Two and a half stars.

GREASE

I don't get it. It's stupid. There's no flow. I did not like it. o.O Stockard Channing though is entertaining.
BTW, I saw the start of the musical. It looks and feels much better. The movie is just ugh.

One star.

FOOTLOOSE

I find Footloose much better. It was more fun and more glued-together although kind of shallow. Two and a half stars.

GYPSY

This one isn't a movie. It's a musical, but I'll tell you about it anyway.
It's friggin' amazing. Patti LuPone is just wow. Friggin' wow. She's made for the role.
The whole thing just seems so perfect. Hahaha.

Four stars.

TRANSAMERICA

It's a very good film. I enjoyed it. Hehe. Four stars.


(Halata ba na tinatamad na talaga ako?)

KNOCKED UP

A very good comedy. It's smart and it doesn't try to do too much, which is good.
But somehow, it feels fixed. Very funny though.

Four stars.

SUPERBAD

This one, I enjoyed. Although it did make me uncomfortable at some parts.
Y'know one of those scenes that the character is about to make a really big fool out of himself that you just want to pause and then jump around in agony? This has those kinds of scenes.

Three and a half stars.

CAMP

This is one of my childhood films. I watched it when I was in X-Rep (what happeened to it now?) when Ms. De Vera was our mod. It's a very good film.

I don't really want to rate this one. Hehe.

The last two things I'm going to review... next blog. :D

0 reps.: