Bunso!

Monday, April 27 at 8:12 PM

DRIVING LESSONS

It's just really crazy. It's fun. A bit scary, but definitely fun.

DAY 1
It rains... Hard. God. How lucky am I?
Lucky, I guess. It stopped when I got into the car.

Let me start with the car. It's a manual diesel Revo.
I hate it. Why? It runs so roughly. Just a bit off the pedal, and you're suddenly put to a stop.

My driving instructor was Lito.
He was all right, I guess.

It was crazy. We went to Marikina.
Horns were blowing around the place. Hehe. Well, not really. Just a couple of times.
When it did, I was smiling. How sadistic can I be?

Anyhow. On the flyover to Marikina, this bus had a problem with me.
Then the driver put out his hand, and gave me some weird sign.
I thought he was trying to flick me off or something.

Little did I know, he actually meant flat tire.
Some random guy on the street knocked on our window and told us.
How funny is that?

So yes... my first day and I had a flat tire. Whopee.
We had some air added in some vulcanizing shop. Problem solved.
I was glad I didn't have to change the tire. Hehehe. I'd die if he made me do that. :))

Anyhow, it was okay I guess.

DAY 2
I got the same instructor and the same damn car.

He got quite annoying.
Like he got annoyed easily by my mistakes.
Oh c'mon. :|

(I plurked, "my driving instructor is b*tching on me." It didn't come out though.)

Anyhow. I got good on hanging in some not so very high stuff.
I also learned how to maneuver and park. Yeah, man!

Might I mention we were going so friggin' slow these two days.
We only went to third gear twice. Most of the time, we were friggin' crawling along in second gear. I was friggin' bored. Lame. (I used "friggin'" three times in one paragraph.)

DAY 3
This time, I got another driving instructor. Richie.
I like him better. He wasn't bitching on me. And he gave me more "road freedom," if you can call it that. Hehehe.

Also, I liked the first car we used. Still a manual diesel Revo.
But it looked like a newer model or something. And most importantly, it ran smoothly.

I say first car because we went all the way to the A1 garage in Mandaluyong to switch cars.
I have real bad luck since I had another car problem. This one's battery or something was failing and ready to conk out at anytime. Lucky though that it didn't.

The replacement car was all right, but I enjoyed the smoothness of the first one better.
One problem though, the car didn't have the A1 stickers. So no one on the road would know I'm actually a student driver. :|

I did much better today. I had lots of fun.
Since he let me, I really pressed on the gas pedal. Hehehe.
The highest we went was 4th gear. I think at 80kph.
I was happy. Though he kept telling me to slow down. Hihihi.

But now, I have a hatred for jeeps and how they keep stopping. Damn you jeeps.

What I enjoyed about this trip is that we went to somewhere more familiar.
I only go to Marikina to go to the cemetery. What the hell did I know about the place.

This time, we passed through Libis, Pasig, C5 and Mandaluyong.
Although there were some places I didn't know, at least I was a bit familiar.

I hope Richie's my instructor again. Hehe.

Anyhow. I still have eleven hours left.... or five more days.
Then I'm done with the lessons. Yeah! I can't wait. Hehe.

Lemme add. My driving instructors call me bunso. =))

0 reps.: