rhapsody royally.

Thursday, February 28 at 5:03 PM

THE DAY: Morning Prayer, Romeo and Tulo

Okay... so I have a lot of stuff lined up for me right now. Chinese MT. Science Quiz. Homework. Other shit. But I'll set that aside for now.

When the year started, I said that 2008 is my year. I'd just like to confirm. Hahaha! Last Wednesday, February 27, is the first of the
"THE DAY"s It was THE DAY! Wooohoo.

Alright. Let's start with the morning. Assembly. I had to do the prayer, which was assigned to me as "punishment" daw. Hahaha. It's in Tagalog by the way. I screwed it up a bit. I lacked a bit of life and I still sounded foreign. But that's alright. I did it well enough and Ms. Martinez was really happy so I'm happy na rin. Woohoo!

Skip what's after that. Anyhow, today was the day of the Romeo balcony speech elocution contest. Well, after my 99, Mr. Perez recommended me to audition as class rep. I was chosen (after a horrible audition)... which made me dead pressured. I wanted to do it... but I didn't want to at the same time. Some kind of pressure got over me and made me really nervous starting from the ride home the night before. It only got worse as the minutes progressed. I really got nervous.

I want to admit. I was not the least bit nervous for the oral test... one of the reasons I didn't practice before my turn. But this contest really had me dead scared. However, once I entered the lecture hall, it all disappeared. There's some magic about the hall that took most of my fears away. I was still nervous... but not scared na.

Anyhow, after wearing my costume and went backstage. I saw Juliet... ang ganda niya. Her name is Ms. Amelia Marcelina. Hahaha. And then she noticed me and said, "good luck." Hahaha. I replied thanks. And then I asked Charles, CJ, Kim and Mark about my costume. Hahaha. Ayos na ba? Pantay na ba? Tatanggalin ko pa ba toh?

So yes. The contestants got me scared. I was number 4 pero number 1 pa lang was very good. (Syempre, same critic eye pa rin.) So I got more nervous. It reminded me sooo much of my failed Filipino extemporaeneous speech contest (about cell phones). Nightmares! Hahaha.

Anyhow, number 3, Javi was on, and he entered from the back! DAMN! That ruined my blocking. The night before kasi during FX practice, I was pseudo-blocking na. Come from the back and pass through the left aisle. So I went oh well.

So after a few more of his words, I went out na to the backdoor. Mrs.O wished me good luck. So I went inside the lecture hall, behind the backdoor curtains. They called my name. Took a few seconds for me to come out so that they can wonder where the hell I am and so that I can shove my nervousness away and get into character. (I almost forgot to take off my glasses.)

Then I ran in. Woohoo! That was it...I started out dynamic and then went slower to add more seriousness and make it more romantic. Hahaha. What I remember. I went in. Leaned on the last row. Took a look at the stage, went low and then back up. Smiling, I ran down to past halfway pillar. Exclaimed! And then next pillar and then in front of the stage stairs. Then on the stage na. (wow memorize.)

While doing it, I was energized. Why? My entrance got some kind of weird reaction from the people, which sparked something into me. Hahaha. When I finally finished, I ran backstage but was called back. I guess from all the excitement, I didn't hear their interview questions. The first one I heard was Where's u get ur gimmick? I was like what the hell is a gimmick... so I answered nothing or something like that. I dind't hear but Kim and Germs say that they asked Where'd I get my costume.

I'd like to thank Charles Lim for my cape and gloves and the Stage FX bodega for my polo and vest. And to CJ Francisco for making recommendations. Hahaha!

Anyhow. When I went backstage again, all my nervousness disappeared. I was at peace na and that was good. And I smiled... in my opinion, my performance was beautiful... I had voice problems though...couldn't be heard from the back...and when I was done I felt like I was shouting. Anyhow, whatever. I was satisfied.

What really made me happy was the interview portion after the 5th contestant. They interviewed Juliet. Who's your favorite Romeo? "I like Marcelo." With an accent. Hahaha. Sabi ko sa sarili ko, I can lose na! Hahaha. So yes, the costume helped a lot. Hahaha!

Anyhow, with all the drama shoved aside, the same critic looked at the contestants. I found Ramon's and Flint's one of the ones to beat. Ramon... made it funny, I didn't like how he did it that much since it became really modern and kinda... i dunno... but then I got a liking to it. Wow, it's the best actor of grade seven. Flint's was really, really, really good! Ang lakas ng mga emotions, ng acting, ng paggalaw. But his voice was sobrang shit! Hahaha. I was already thinking to myself, I can only lose to them.

After a long, long, long time. The results were announced. I was tied with Ramon King! Hahaha. 2ND PLACE!! Woohoo! Yeah baby! Okay na okay na okay sa akin ang second place.

What was a shocker to me... (I can't accept defeat? Hahaha!) is that Tim won. Honestly and in all frankness, I didn't see anything special about his performance. No offense meant, just stating my opinion. I wish Flint had placed though. (Tangco took the last spot placing third.)

Anyhow, I'm happy na. After this, kodakan with Juliet! Hahaha! (see the album. i wish i gave my camera to someone while i was performing.)

Okay so Tulo. Yes! Part three of my THE DAY! Hahaha.

We've never had a single FULL run. The practice the night before was HELL! And I was never able to get a hand of handling the Elephant. I still lacked life for the Deus practice. The set was jsut recently changed for Oli. And to add to all that, I had to leave early pa.

And then we crammed the final sequence just the afternoon before the show. Grabe. I was scared to hell. Paano na? Paano na? But I just kept positive. By this time, all of the nervousness never returned... weirdly. I only felt a little scared mostly because I kept thinking positive and because my character called for me to be really really perky!

Anyhow, it went soooo much better than before! Deus did well enough and I'm very relieved about that. Kahit na last minute ang casting ko at kakaunti ang practice dahil na-ground nga ako, I feel more at ease.

I am very proud of the play that's most closest to me--Oli. Ang galing galing galing! VERY PROUD! Lalo na kay Geremy. Hit ang kanyang debut! Hahaha. It was really splendid! It was funny and it also got the deep message across so I really liked it. (syempre ba naman, this play is the closest to me, bakit di ako masisiyahan/mabi-bias? hihihi)

And elephant. This is the most last minute casting part. Hahha. I really had no idea what I was doing it. Hahhaa. But it turned out well. The awe of the audience was the thing that really hit me. So I'm very happy working under the covers of this one. Literally.

And finally... Bohemian went well enough. I screwed up a bit but it was okay. Enjoy pa rin.

Grabe, ang saya that was all over the stage by the end of the show. hahaha! FX LOVE! One of the minor reasons why being in FX is the best... the HIGH! Woohoo. I'm really really happy now for Germs and Allen.

When we went outside daming tao! They were all really, really lively... mukhang enjoy na enjoy. Personally, compared to Duwa and Chocolate War, the crowd was never as lively as this. Sobrang buzz na buzz. Hahaha! (But Duwa's high was much higher than TULO. TULO beat Chocolate War though. Hahaha!)

I got some comments... cute ko daw. I got so happy. Ibig sabihin I did well enough. I know I can do better but at least it was believable enough for the audience. But i was mosst happy everytime hinahanap/cino-comment si Geremy. Sobrang saya ko sa performance niya! Ang galing! Hahaha! Uyy! Star ka na... Little Big Star (accdg to Mr. Yu)

Anyhow. Dinner. Fixing up. Hahaha. I was able to catch David Archuleta's performance. GALING! Hahaha. UNBELIEVABLY GOOD! Go Pinoy! Ramiele's was quite bad though... in fact, not a single girl wowed me tonight.

Grabe. This was THE DAY. Amen! Alright, 2008!

New Quote: When God gives you problems, He'll give blessing right after. So don't forget.

0 reps.: