chain chain chain

Thursday, February 21 at 6:05 PM

Romeo and Juliet Oral Test and American Idol

Wow. I'm actually watching American Idol. Hahaha. Unlike last year, I now am!

I'm amazed by the Filipinos on the show. David Archuleta << He's good. He keeps amazing the judges din. But his being Filipino isn't advertised a lot. Maybe it's because one of his parents is only half or something like that.
Ramiele Malubay << ANG GALING NIYA SOBRA! SOBRA TALAGA! Hahaha. I really like her! And she's Simon's favorite tonight. Wahaha!

My other bets are... Jason Castro, Michael Johns (ang galing ng Bohemian Rhapsody niya!), Joanne Borgella, Asia'h Epperson, Alexandrea Lushington, Syesha Mercado and Alaina Whitaker.

In other news, this will be the start of the series of blogs I'm doing over the four-day weekend. I need some catching up to do on all the blogs. Hahaha. (why does this remind me of Paul's Singa blog?) There's Varie, Fair, LTs, Caliraya, and around 1 or 2 more I'm forgetting. Hahaha!

So this one's about my oral test. 99 baby! Wahaha!

So as most know, the oral test for all the second years is the balcony scene speech from Romeo and Juliet. Hahaha. Honestly, most of it all was done last minute. I only found the perfect costume the day before. (Thank you, FX!) I only really practiced the night before. Hahaha. So I'm really proud of what I've done. I even had some "lighting." LOL!

Weirdly, I'm the only guy who didn't practice out in the corridor. Partly because I forgot that I'm near since I was having fun watching. And partly because I wanted to make sure that the tranny cardboard Juliet was laid to rest during my speech... Why so? Because she's distracting and because I imagined she'd be in a much taller balcony. (There's a part in my speech when I reach for her so I can't have her on the same level as I am.)

Anyhow, as usual, I've the lowest score-giver for the oral tests. Most are in the line of 8s meaning my score-giving is really low compared to the other orals. After the first few, I really had to adjust since the scores were quite low even if I myself fell they deserve higher. Only 3 are in the line of 9. That's Jona, Tim and Kurt.

If I were to recommend who'd go on to the batch contest, I'd choose: Kyne, Julian, Kerwin, David, Kurt or Timothy to be a representative.... but they have to memorize first! Why didn't I choose Jona? Something about his facial expressions.
So sad Kerwin and Tim weren't in the people recommended. Kerwin didn't memorize kasi! But he's a shocker...I didn't expect him to do well. Tim did it more modern which is why I think he didn't get in.
It's a shocker to me why the people I expect to score high didn't do that well in my opinion: Jan, Sean, Ariel and Cabs. (but Mr. Perez recommended some.. don't remember which.)

Honestly, I don't agree with how Mr Perez grades people. I mean he praises the people who I think lack facial expressions and sound like they're in a declamation contest rather than an actor in a theatre. I really take note of the voice and how the eyes move, but he still seems to praise those I don't like. Hahaha. I just don't know. I kept giving low scores to most of the people he praised. Hahaha. But I can't totally disagree... some we're really good! (but needed to memorize!)

Anyhow. 99. Wohoo! I'm sooo happy! Yun nga lang I can't help but think sooo much about his comment: address the audience more. I keep thinking to myself... then I'd be breaking the fourth wall. Hmmm. Sigh.

WATCH TULO!

0 reps.: